ClipTorrent Redux is a reinvention of an ancient clipboard manager app, which was created back in the early 2000s. The premise is simple. The app keeps a history of the text that the user has copied to their clipboard and shows it in a handy list. If you click the particular entry, it goes back to your clipboard and is ready to be pasted. I found the old app incredibly useful. Actually, it still is. You should be able to find it lurking in the software libraries. However, over the years, I was always lacking a few features. The most important one is the option to pin certain clips at the top. Here comes the new version:
- Copy a text sting. It will be added to the list of clips at the top.
- Click a clip entry to add it back to the clipboard. It is ready to be pasted. The clicked entry keeps its position in the list.
- If you copy a string that is already present in the list, it goes back to the top (there are no duplicate entries).
- Click the “+” sign at the beginning of an entry to pin it to the top.
- Click the “-” sign of a pinned clip to downgrade it to a regular pin.
- The order of the clips can be rearranged by dragging and dropping.
- Multiple neighboring clips can be merged as a single clip. Shift-select a range of clips and right-click the selection. You will be given the option to merge them as a single list entry. The merged entry will be added as a pinned clip at the top.
- Right-click a single clip, which contains multiple paragraphs. You will be given the option to split the clip. Each paragraph will become a separate clip entry.
- There is an option to keep the clipboard manager app always on top.
- There is an option to choose to delete all the clips on exit, or keep them.
No installer. Unzip the app in a folder and create a shortcut. It should be compatible with Win 10, Win 8.1, and Win 7
If you are running Windows XP, then please consider upgrading, or look for the original application.
Disclaimer: The application was mostly built for my own personal use. It was created on a shoestring budget. There might be bugs. Compatibility with future versions of Windows is not guaranteed. I should not be held responsible for any damages related to the application. Use it responsibly and do not leave sensitive information, such as passwords and your credit card numbers saved as clips.